小蜜蜂童詩園地

關於部落格
願小蜜蜂在童詩園地裡將一朵朵五彩繽紛的花花釀成一首首美味芬芳的兒童詩.
  • 47760

    累積人氣

  • 0

    今日人氣

    0

    訂閱人氣

紀伯倫詩-死亡

紀伯倫死亡(Death XXVII ,Khalil Gibran,1883-1931)
想知道死亡的奧秘
You would know the secret of death.
如果不在生命的心裡尋找,你們如何能找到它?
But how shall you find it unless you seek it in the heart of life?
就像白天裡閉上眼睛的貓頭鷹,無法揭示光明的神秘面紗。
The owl whose night-bound eyes are blind unto the day cannot unveil the mystery of light.
如果真想抓住死亡之魂,那麼為生命之體敞開心扉吧!
If you would indeed behold the spirit of death, open your heart wide unto the body of life.
因為生與死一體,就像河與海相連。

For life and death are one, even as the river and the sea are one.
在希望與渴望的深壑裡,躺著你們對來世的默默理解,
In the depth of your hopes and desires lies your silent knowledge of the beyond;
宛如冰雪中美夢的種子,你們的心裡也對春天充滿憧憬。
And like seeds dreaming beneath the snow your heart dreams of spring.

相信夢想吧,因為其中潛藏著通往永恆的大門。
Trust the dreams, for in them is hidden the gate to eternity.
你們對死亡的恐懼,好像那個站在國王面前,接受國王親授榮耀的牧羊人的顫抖般。
Your fear of death is but the trembling of the shepherd when he stands before the king whose hand is to be laid upon him in honour.
承受國王賞賜榮耀的牧羊人,外表顫慄,其內心不也無比歡愉嗎?
Is the shepherd not joyful beneath his trembling, that he shall wear the mark of the king?
然而,他為什麼那麼在意自己的顫抖呢?
Yet is he not more mindful of his trembling?
死亡不就是赤裸裸地在風中佇立、在陽光下融化嗎?
For what is it to die but to stand naked in the wind and to melt into the sun?
屏住呼吸不就是讓呼吸從無休止的潮汐中釋放出來,以便升騰、擴展,而且無所牽絆地去找尋上帝嗎?
And what is to cease breathing, but to free the breath from its restless tides, that it may rise and expand and seek God unencumbered?
只有你們痛飲靜謐之水,你們才會真正唱歌。
Only when you drink from the river of silence shall you indeed sing.
當你們抵達山巔,你們才真正開始攀岩。
And when you have reached the mountain top, then you shall begin to climb.
當大地要佔有你們的身軀,你們才會真正跳舞。
And when the earth shall claim your limbs, then shall you truly dance.
參考資料:<http://www.poemhunter.com/poem/death-xxvii/>
                   紀伯倫的詩,徐翰林譯,2005,海鴿文化
欣賞:
相簿設定
標籤設定
相簿狀態