小蜜蜂童詩園地

關於部落格
願小蜜蜂在童詩園地裡將一朵朵五彩繽紛的花花釀成一首首美味芬芳的兒童詩.
  • 47697

    累積人氣

  • 0

    今日人氣

    0

    訂閱人氣

紀伯倫詩-工作

紀伯倫(Khalil Gibran 1883-1931)Work chapter VII

你們工作,因而能跟上大地的步伐,領會大地的精神。
You work that you may keep pace with the earth and the soul of the earth.
在工作時,你們便是一枝笛子,時間的呢喃流瀉在你的心上,化作音符。
When you work you are a flute through whose heart the whispering of the hours turns to music.
你們勞動不輟,才真正置身於真愛的生命中。
And in keeping yourself with labour you are in truth loving life,
藉由勞動來熱愛生命,便是懂得了生命最深處的奧秘。
And to love life through labour is to be intimate with life's inmost secret.
我說生活的確是黑暗的,除非有了希冀。
And I say that life is indeed darkness save when there is urge,
希冀是盲目的,除非有了知識。
And all urge is blind save when there is knowledge,
知識是無用的,除非有了工作。
And all knowledge is vain save when there is work,
工作是空洞的,除非有了愛;
And all work is empty save when there is love;
當你們帶著愛工作時,你們就會與自己、與他人、與上帝融為一體。
And when you work with love you bind yourself to yourself, and to one another, and to God.
什麼是帶著愛工作呢?
And what is it to work with love?
就是用你的心織布縫衣,彷彿你的摯愛要穿上這件這件衣服。
It is to weave the cloth with threads drawn from your heart, even as if your beloved were to wear that cloth.
就是深情滿懷地建造房屋,彷彿你的摯愛要居住其中。
It is to build a house with affection, even as if your beloved were to dwell in that house.
就是柔情蜜意地播種,歡喜地收割,彷彿你的摯愛要品嘗果實。
It is to sow seeds with tenderness and reap the harvest with joy, even as if your beloved were to eat the fruit.
如果你們漠然地烘烤麵包,你們烤出的苦麵包只能讓人半飽。
For if you bake bread with indifference, you bake a bitter bread that feeds but half man's hunger.
如果你們不情願地榨葡萄汁,你們的不情願就會在葡萄酒中參雜一滴毒液。
And if you grudge the crushing of the grapes, your grudge distills a poison in the wine.

參考資料:紀伯倫的詩,徐翰林譯,2005,海鴿文化
                   
http://www.poemhunter.com/p/m/poem.asp?poet=38549&poem=476654

欣賞:

相簿設定
標籤設定
相簿狀態